Mosaic tiles, lava stone walls and recycled surfboards are among the latest ideas for creative outdoor showers.
As days get longer and hotter, the idea of a refreshing shower outside sounds pretty good. If you think you’d like a cool outdoor shower someday, here are 50 stylish designs to inspire you. To see the photos as a slide show, click the first image to enlarge it, then use the right arrow to flip through them all one at a time. Which one best suits your style?
1. Talk about showering in nature. This outdoor shower by Robert Edson Swain Architecture and Design sits between two tree trunks on Decatur Island, Washington.
2. Fieldstone under the wood base of this Minnesota outdoor shower by BeDe Design helps with drainage.
3. The style of this white outdoor shower enclosure in Michigan complements the railing design of the second-floor balcony. The shower was built by Martin Bros. Contracting.
4. This outdoor shower by Bill Fry Construction features tile added directly to the exterior of this San Francisco home.
5. Semitransparent stain protects the wood of this outdoor shower outside of New Orleans. The shower was designed by Ellen Kennon Design.
6. A mosaic of clay tile on the exterior defines this outdoor shower space at a Mediterranean-style house in San Francisco designed by the team at Kathryn Shaffer Architect.
7. This ipe wood shower by David Rolston Landscape Architects features a floor of textured stone to prevent slipping.
8. A cement wall covered in small glass tiles supports a refinished antique shower fixture in Portland, Oregon. The project was done by Samuel H. Williamson Associates.
9. Mosaic stones in a random pattern line this semioutdoor shower room by Iwan Sastrawiguna Interior Design. While gray andesite stone forms a bench.
Bryan Anthony August 4, 2019
Houzz Editorial Staff; writer, design enthusiast, reader, avid traveler.