United Strategic Client Services and United Real Estate – Dallas are proud to bring to auction on February 20, 2018 the Vaughn House, an exceptionally designed mid-century modern located in Old Preston Hollow in Dallas, Texas. Built like a castle with maple studs, the home sits on an unusually lush wooded and organic waterfront of 1.36± acres in the honeypot of Preston Hollow. This Dallas jewel embraces it’s lush, natural surroundings and evokes a lifestyle of simple elegance; a priceless piece of architectural history that imparts character and distinction.
The Vaughn House is one of the most significant mid-century modern masterpieces in Dallas If you’re inspired by architecture, history and design you will find it all embodied here in this unique, modern home built by oilman Grady Vaughn and designed by Robert Goodwin, who was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright.
Goodwin himself is celebrated for his many architectural masterworks, such as:
- A. Little Residence, 4432 Livingston, Highland Park, 1933
- John A. Ritter Residence, 4400 Lorraine, Highland Park West, 1934
- C. Tabor Residence, SW corner of Lorraine and Douglas, 1935 Goodwin & Tatum
- M/M Wallace Hawkins Residence, Strait Lane, 1935 Goodwin & Tatum
- And many others
9,510 Sq Ft Home | 1.37 Acre Lot | 6 BR | 7 Full, 2 Half BA
- Sandstone elements throughout exterior/interior
- Property positioned to maximize the views
- Built around the trees to fit the organic nature of the property
- Rare Pecky Cypress soffits. Pecky holes are caused by a type of fungus that creates hollow tubes running vertically throughout the tree and only grows while the tree is alive. This fungus typically doesn’t start to germinate inside the Cypress tree until it’s around 125 years old, making it scarce
- Outdoor pool
- Pond accessible for boating and fishing
- Terrazzo flooring w/brass filings through half of main level
- Unique moldings throughout the property custom made by architects
- Bar area w/custom made cast lighting, built-in cabinets and shelving
- Large family and living room connected with distinct low-profile midcentury modern fireplaces
- Recessed ceilings and lighting throughout property
- Formal dining room connected to entertaining rooms
- Large breakfast room connected to kitchen
- Kitchen is separated from home as during this time meals were prepared by hired help
- Laundry room w/built-in cabinets and additional ½ BA
- Exercise room w/indoor whirlpool spa
- 1,060 sq ft, spacious three car garage with additional storage space and ½ bathroom.
- Garage doors constructed of pecky cypress
- In home elevator
- Master Suite (24×18): giant sectional sliding doors and windows throughout, a unique geometric curved layout that flows with the property
- His/Her master bathrooms, vanities and walk-in closets
- Built-in shelving throughout
- Room designed for privacy and includes custom electronic drapes
- Bedroom 2 (15×18): located next to the Master Suite, ideal for nursery or office. Beautiful views of backyard w/private sitting room and full BA.
- Bedroom #3 (21×14): Windows overlook backyard w/walk in closet, full BA and beautiful built-in cabinets
- Bedroom #4 (20×18): Windows overlook backyard w/walk-in closet, full BA and beautiful built-in cabinets
- Bedroom #5 (14×16 & 16×13 sitting room): full BA, built-in cabinets throughout, accessible by elevator. Private stairwell as may have been guest, mother-in-law or chef quarters
- Pocket Doors are located throughout the property to provide privacy to the bedroom quarters during entertaining
- All closets in home have built in sensors so lights turn on and off as door opens/closes. Many additional closet space throughout the home.