FUN-SIZED FAIR ATTRACTIONS
Not only is the Fair fun for all members of the family, it’s educational too! Even the youngest fairgoer will learn about the importance of agriculture here in Texas. On any given day, there are tons of family-friendly activities and exhibits included in the price of admission.
A few things to know before you hit the fairgrounds:
- Admission for children under 48″ is $14; under age three is FREE.
- The State Fair of Texas offers a Safe Kids Program for lost children. Pick up wristbands for your children at any Information Center around the grounds.
- The Kidway area of the Midway is a family-friendly environment with scaled-down rides and games for fun-sized fairgoers.
- Strollers can be rented from an independent concessionaire at four locations in Fair Park – the Pennsylvania pedestrian gate, inside the Parry entrance, and the Grand gate.
- You can bring the following items into the State Fair: wagons, coolers & ice chests, and your own food. For more information on items that are allowed in the Fair, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
- State Fair coupons are used to pay for Midway rides and any food items. Coupons are $.50 each and may be purchased at coupon booths located throughout the fairgrounds.
- There are hundreds of daily activities and shows at the State Fair of Texas; check the daily schedule or pick up a Visitor’s Guide at entry gates upon arrival.