Plan Your Adventure
Welcome to the Largest Zoological Experience in Texas!
With 106 acres to explore, thousands of animals to visit, and a huge variety of family activities, the Dallas Zoo is enormously entertaining! Our goal is to make your visit an exciting adventure with opportunities to learn about interesting wildlife, engage in interactive fun, and support worldwide conservation and research to protect and preserve endangered species.
WINTER HOURS OF OPERATION
October 1 – February 28
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily*
$10.00 per car (Free for members.)
|Adults (age 12-64)||$15.00||$8.00|
|Children (age 3-11)||$12.00||$8.00|
|Seniors (age 65 up)||$12.00||$8.00|
|Children (age 2 and under)||FREE||FREE|
|Dallas Zoo Members||FREE||FREE|
650 South R.L. Thornton Freeway (I-35E), Dallas, TX 75203.
The Zoo is located three miles south of downtown Dallas, on I-35E at the Marsalis exit.
Exit Marsalis Avenue from I-35E.
Go 1/8 mile on the north bound service road.
Turn right at the giant giraffe statue marking the entrance to the Dallas Zoo’s Parking Lot.
Take the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) RED LINE to the Dallas Zoo Station.
- The Dallas Zoo was founded in 1888, making it the first zoological park in the Southwest.
- Our park covers 106 developed acres! In terms of landmass, it’s the largest zoological park in Texas.
- The giant giraffe sculpture marking the Zoo’s entrance is 67½ feet tall!
- We provide care for a wide variety of animals and are involved in conservation and breeding programs for numerous endangered species.
- The Dallas Zoo is widely recognized for the new Simmons Hippo Outpost, the Giants of the Savanna exhibit, the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo, the Wilds of Africa where you can experience the Wilds of Africa Adventure Safari, and the Jake L. Hamon Gorilla Conservation Research Center.