Keeping your house looking spiffy all year round is no small chore. Yet, nothing feels better than coming home to a tidy clean home. It actually helps with stress levels when your home is uncluttered and fresh. You may think with your busy schedule, three kids, and a dog that keeping the house in order is next to impossible.
Here’s a better way. It’s simpler to break down the chores into bite-sized portions, organized by daily and weekly tasks, along with the occasional deep cleaning tasks. Following this method will reduce stress and keep your home gleaming year round!
Here’s where to begin:
Daily Typical Cleaning
We can further break down typical cleaning into daily and weekly tasks. Obviously, we all do small cleaning chores every day. Some of these daily typical tasks include:
- Making the beds
- Washing down the kitchen table after every meal
- Wiping off the stove after cooking
- Wiping down the counters after food preparation
- Sweeping either after every meal or once a day
- Making sure bathrooms counters and sinks are neat (wipe up any residue of toothpaste, hairspray, water spills, etc.)
- Straightening up clutter. This can be done as you see it or all at once at the end of the day.