11 tips to help you thrive during the COVID-19 isolation, while your home is an office, gym, school room, stadium, concert hall, library, and more!
In J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Frodo says, “I wish it need not have happened in my time.” “So do I,” says Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” During these challenging times of social distancing, here are some resources to help you and your family make the most of your time at home:
- Visit virtual aquariums, zoos, volcanoes, rainforests, and more: Watch the many amazing webcams of the San Diego Zoo, Georgia Aquarium, and more! Zebras, crocodiles, giraffes, pandas, koalas, whales, penguins, sea lions, etc. Take 25 amazing field trips to Yellowstone, volcanoes, rainforests, coral reefs, planetarium, a Canadian farm, Seattle Aquarium, etc.
- Explore “Harry Potter at Home.” Author J.K. Rowling just announced that this new service for students, parents, and teachers offers several educational tools to cast “a Banishing Charm on boredom!” Tools include craft videos (like how to draw a Niffler), fun articles, quizzes, puzzles, and more—for first-time readers as well as those already familiar with the wizarding world.
- Draw every day with JJK. J.J. Krosoczka, known for his Lunch Lady graphic novels, hosts daily drawing sessions on YouTube. He teaches basic illustration techniques. At the end of each session, he has drawing games for kids and parents to play together.
- Watch free replays of NFL games, 2009-2019. Valid Until 5/31/20. If you don’t have time for the full broadcast, replay an entire game in 45 minutes with condensed games. It’s every play, back-to-back-to-back. If you want to break down tape like the pros, check out the All-22 angle Coaches Film footage.
- ¿Hablas español? Parli italiano? Have fun learning a new language online in just 10-15 minutes a day—for free! Duolingo has tons of languages to choose from!
- Crowdpurr: Fun, free virtual games for up to 20 people on their phones! Play with friends and family across town or across the country. Create your own trivia questions or use theirs. Create amazing interactive mobile-driven experiences!
- Top 10 virtual museum tours—free! Visit the world’s most popular museums. Several of the tours, powered by Google Street View technology, feature 360-degree panoramic views. Museums include the Louvre, Smithsonian Institution, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim Museum, Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Van Gogh Museum, Getty Museum, and more.
- Games and singalongs: Bring out checkers, chess, Monopoly, and other board games. For younger children, check out these online kids’ singalongs.
- Pull out your guitar or cello, sit at the piano, warm up your voice—whatever your interest. YouTube has lots of great music instruction. And enjoy some family music time—the younger kids will especially enjoy it! Do a front yard/porch concert for a neighbor: You’ve seen the videos of teens giving concerts on the front porch of elderly neighbors. Brighten your neighbors’ day with a short concert in their front yards!
- Workout! Check out this home workout video—you can find even more online. If nothing else, take a daily walk!
- Live stream concerts! Check here and other online sources for what’s livestreaming today and in the future.
Branch Manager, Producing | NMLS #527754
7700 Windrose Avenue, Suite 3rd Floor | Plano, TX 75024
LO State Lic#: TX 527754
Corp State Lic#: OK: ML010411; AR: 106690; TX: 3113
Corp NMLS# 3113 | An Equal Housing Lender
Copyright © 2019 Academy Mortgage