Take a look at these 5 graphs showing how the market going into 2020 was vastly different than the one we faced in 2008. Think this is a housing crisis? Think again!
1. Appreciation was growing, but not out of control.
2. Lending standards tightened.
3. We have a shortage of inventory, not a runaway surplus.
4. Homeowners are being much more cautious with their equity.
5. Over 50% of homes in America have at least 50% equity.
Clearly, this market is nothing like 2008, and this is not the foundation for a housing crisis. Contact us 214-365-6500 so we can discuss what’s happening in our local area and how it may impact your plans this year.