If you are thinking of selling, now is the time. Homes sell all 12 months of the year but in spring the activity increases. When you consider all the factors that come into play, it makes sense.
Many families relocate around the end of the school year. Putting your home on the market in March – June ensures you can move and be settled before the next school year begins.
- Your yard looks its best to encourage outdoor living.
- Spring cleaning gets your home ready for the market.
- The weather is usually mild, making the moving experience as nice as it can possibly be.
Whether you are planning on buying or selling, these tips can help you spring ahead.
- Get pre-approved! Know your budget before you start shopping. Show sellers you are ready to buy now.
- Know your wants vs your needs! Make a list of what your new home needs to have and stick to that list. Don’t waste your time touring homes that do not fit your needs. (Be open minded)
- Find an agent with the heart of a teacher! In today’s market you need a professional who will guide you through the process of buying a home, answering any questions you may have along the way.
- List now for less competition! The Spring brings two things: more buyers and more sellers. List now to capitalize on buyers looking now.
- Price your house right. Home prices are still growing but not as quickly as before. Talk with your agent about how to competitively price your home.
- Declutter your home and increase curb appeal. Tour your home with the eyes of a buyer: what needs to be fixed, stored and painted? Plant flowers and replace your doormat.
Our job is to answer questions before you know to ask it.