NOW A DRIVE-THRU EXPERIENCE!
Same holiday tradition, with a socially distant twist
We’ve reimagined Dallas Zoo Lights Presented by Reliant so you can now drive through a holiday safari of lights in your own vehicle!
Cruise through a newly constructed pathway – and through familiar parts of the Dallas Zoo – while marveling at more than one million lights in elaborate displays, silk-covered animal lanterns depicting all your Zoo favorites, an ice palace fit for a trio of penguins, and so much more along the way!
NEW THIS YEAR: Timed entry tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit to Dallas Zoo Lights. Tickets are limited and will sell out, so be sure to reserve yours ASAP!
Questions? Click HERE.
New This Year
All tickets MUST be pre-purchased online
36 select nights, Nov. 20 – Jan. 3
6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Know Before You Go
- This is very different from previous Dallas Zoo Lights experiences! The Dallas Zoo will close at 4:00 p.m., and the new drive-thru event opens at 6:30 p.m.
- You must purchase Dallas Zoo Lights tickets online in advance of your visit. We are selling timed tickets for this event to help control traffic and minimize wait times, and tickets will not be available for purchase at the gates.
- Please arrive for your event entry during the timeframe shown on your ticket. We cannot guarantee entry into the event if you arrive late.
- One vehicle = one ticket. You can bring as many family or friends as you have room to safely accommodate in your vehicle with seatbelts and car seats. Please note, riding in the bed of a pickup truck is not permitted.
- The unique driving path we’ve created through the Zoo is not designed to accommodate extra-large vehicles. The maximum vehicle size is about the length / width / height of a full-sized Suburban. No RVs, limousines, monster trucks, trailers, etc. are permitted.
- While times may vary, the estimated time to drive through the Dallas Zoo Lights experience is 25-30 minutes. Of note, there may be a wait to enter the experience during peak hours and on popular nights.
- Face coverings are mandatory for anyone in the vehicle who may interact with Zoo staff, and if you plan to exit the vehicle for a restroom break or to walk around the Reliant Holiday Village.
- You must remain in your vehicle for the duration of the drive-thru, except in one of the areas designated as restroom stops or in the Reliant Holiday Village.
- In order to minimize noise and ensure the comfort and safety of our guests and animals, vehicles with loud exhaust or engine modifications will NOT be permitted entry.
- The following are prohibited during Dallas Zoo Lights, including in your vehicle:
– Smoking and vaping
– Pets (except ADA-compliant service animals)
- For guest safety, all tailgates, car/van doors, and hatchbacks must remain closed at all times.
- No refunds or exchanges are available, so please plan accordingly.
- The Dallas Zoo is not responsible for any collisions or damage to your vehicle during the event.