Skip to content
Common Home Insurance Coverages
- Coverage A: Dwelling – will pay for a loss that is caused by a covered peril to the structure of the home
- Coverage B: Other structures – damage caused by a covered peril to other buildings on the property (ex: shed, detached garage, fencing)
- Coverage C: Personal property – Covers your personal property – basically anything you move in and out of your home (jewelry, furniture, clothes ,etc.)
- Coverage E: Liability – if someone gets hurt on your property and your liable for their injuries – this will pay for lawsuits and legal expenses.
- Coverage D: Loss of use – this will pay for living expenses if your home is not livable due to a covered peril – ex: if you must stay in a hotel, rent a home temporarily, food or clothing.
- Coverage F: Medical payments – pays out for injuries for someone who gets hurt while on your property no matter who is at fault.
Recommended Endorsements for Home Insurance:
**are not included and must be added to your policy**
- Water Backup/Sump Pump – protects the home and personal property from water damage as a result of sewage or sump pump backups.
- Personal Offense – covers libel and/or slander.
- Loss Assessment for Condo Owners – prevents condo owners from paying out of pocket if association issues an assessment related to an insurance claim outside the walls of their unit.
- Personal Articles Floater – covers valuable items such as jewelry, art, musical instruments, and collectibles.